Literacy and Basic Skills programs focus on adults who are:
- unemployed, with special emphasis on people receiving social assistance
- employed Ontarians who need to improve their literacy skills in order to maintain or upgrade their work skills
- seeking further education and training to move onto college preparation, credit courses and non-credit
- looking to upgrade their skills for personal independence
What Is Your Learning Style?
Do these points describe you?
- Like to work on your own.
- Are good at finishing projects.
- Can use a computer and the Internet.
- Have people who can help if you get stuck.
- Would find it hard to get to a scheduled class (live far away, have work or family to care for).
- If so, online learning may be right for you. Try it.
Focus of Our Learning
Learners must be:
- 19 years of age or older
- without the literacy skills necessary to find and keep a job, or to meet everyday needs
- out of school
- able to progress
Choosing Our Program
If you learn better:
- in a small group
- with a teacher with instructions and immediate feedback
- from talking with other students,
- and can attend classes...
- ...you may want to call us at the Lake of the Woods Adult Learning Line to learn more about our literacy services.